Who should I call if I see a coyote in Canton?
The only time a coyote sighting needs to be reported is when the animal appears to be in distress, or is causing a threat. If so, contact the Public Safety Department at 734/394-5400.

According to the DNR, coyote sightings in lower Michigan are on the rise. A coyote should not automatically be considered a cause for concern. Residents are advised to minimize potential conflict with coyotes by not approaching or feeding them, and by eliminating all possible outdoor sources of food, including pet food and trash. Pets should spend minimal time unsupervised outdoors if a coyote is known to be in the area, especially at night.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Public Safety Administration Building located?
2. What District Court serves Canton residents?
3. Who should I call if I see a coyote in Canton?
4. Who do I call to report a stray domestic animal or a sick/injured wild animal?
5. How do I make a complaint against a member of the Canton Public Safety Department?
6. How do I purchase an accident report?
7. How do I submit a tip to the police department?